Wireline core drilling through a thick sedimentary sequence made of flysch-type material or carbonates. Several localities were explored with boreholes of 250-700m of depth, either vertical or with an inclination of up to-60 degrees.
Drilling in remote places has always been a challenge.
- Remote drilling often in elevations of >1200m
- Accumulated snow in excess of 2m in wintertime
- Carbonate subsurface openings
- Possible drilling-induced collapses
- Bad geotechnical conditions of the overburden
According to estimations, the executed 3-year drilling project successfully proven the existence of new ore bodies which might reach a total of slightly above 1Mt of good quality bauxite.